17 Aug Apatin Brewery: Saving electricity by implementing Danfoss VLT® FlexConcept®
Posted at 16:30h in Food and beverage
Challenges / Problems
- Client need to reduce production and maintenance costs
- Increasing the required maintenance budget from year to year
- Increasing the number and timing of unplanned downtimes
- Finding more and more expensive spare parts and quality technical support
- Increasing the number and duration of unplanned downtimes
- Replacing existing gear motors with a more modern and efficient solution (Danfoss One Gear Drive)
- Installation of new frequency regulators (Danfoss FC302) adapted to work with new motor reducers
- Replacement of existing power cables
- PLC software modification
- Parameterization of frequency regulators and commissioning of lines
- Large electricity savings (32% -38%)
- Short return on investment (3 years)
- Long device life
- Reduction of inventory costs (only 3 possible variants of gear motor)
- Washable construction
- VLT® OneGearDrive® can be cleaned quickly and easily, saving the brewery time and water and detergent costs.
- VLT® OneGearDrive® is ideal for the food and beverage industries, as it complies with the high hygiene standards required.
- VLT® OneGearDrive® is mounted directly on the conveyor shaft, which is an advantage in retrofit projects.
- With the VLT® OneGearDrive®, the oil change is required only once every 35,000 hours of operation, thus reducing preventive maintenance costs.
- VLT® OneGearDrive® and VLT® FlexConcept® provide maximum flexibility with a minimum of variation in gear ratios and frequency regulator power, reducing inventory costs by up to 70%.